Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A New Era

Sydney started preschool this morning! I am proud to report that I did not cry when I dropped her off and did not worry about her while she was there. I just know that preschool is going to be a really good experience for my girl.

Here she is all decked out in her uniform:
Photobucket

Brenna needed to be in the pictures too. She had barely been awake 10 minutes at this point. School is early! (8 a.m. start time!)
Photobucket

Backpack... I realized too late that it would be impossible to use a marker to mark her backpack with her name, so we got out the trusty masking tape. I'll take it to a friend to have her embroider her name on it here in the next week or so.
Photobucket

Then we loaded up and hit the road. She looked a bit unsure at this point.
Photobucket

Daddy got to come too!
Photobucket

Sydney went straight to the canopied baby bed in her room.
Photobucket
Brenna liked it too.
Photobucket

There were lots of parents milling about, but we scooted out quick.
Photobucket

The joy of a small town... we ran into lots of friends on the way out.

Zindels had already dropped off Bella. Here they are with Kincaid and Madeline.
Photobucket

Abby was looking super cute in her class. (These pics are for her grandma!)
Photobucket
Photobucket

The ever popular Rivard family...
Photobucket

Then we headed out. Brenna and I went to Bible Study
Photobucket
Photobucket

And then a little before 11 we went over and picked up Syd. They said she did fine, but had trouble staying on her name at circle time. Big surprise there. Here she is after, looking slightly disheveled.
Photobucket

And now we are home relaxing. :-)

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Holy Cow! School has already started?! I don't think I would be as strong as you. I will probably cry. Glad to hear she had a great first day! She looks super cute and so grown up! *sigh* Where does the time go?

Unknown said...

Such cute pictures, Jill! Our preschool experience begins in two weeks... and I thought our 8:30 start time was early! Yikes!! =)

Anonymous said...

Well you did better than me today! Craig was sooooo nervous. And I don't have any adorable pictures to share. Give the girls kisses for me and tell Syd that Mrs. Laura is VERY proud of her!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the whole Peterson Family for making it through the first day of school!!!! It is quite a milestone. Kudos on no tears, but just wait until 1st grade when they go ALL DAY!!! Thanks for the great pictures for us to share in this special day. (We don't start school for 3 weeks :) yea!)
Mrs. Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another new adventure in your life. Our school starts tomorrow (Thursday). The pictures are really cute. Thanks for keeping us updated. Love to you all. Mom/Grandma S.

Theresa Walker said...

I was thinking about you today, and also wondering why God makes our little angels grow up soooo fast. Sounds like everything went so well! Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

lol no tears..I didn't even do that good and Kyle's in second grade this year. But it is crazy how fast time goes by. Kyle was in kindergarten when I met Bran, it seems crazy how long ago that already is.