
before 7:30 in the morning, are sure to be full of fun. Here I was all pumped up waking at 7:10 a.m. Friday morning not having heard Sydney. Minutes later, I hear her politely knocking on her door. "How sweet!" I thought. A morning with no screaming "Maaaaaaaaameeeeeee!" or "I have to go potty!!!!!!" or anything similar. But the stench hit me right in the face when I opened her door. Poop on the quilt, on 3 of her other blankets, on the CURTAINS, all up and down her legs and on her feet and of course, on the carpet. Nice.
So we cleaned up, spent an hour at the pediatric clinic, had meltdowns at the pharmacy and a very stern lecture in the minivan, "That was absolutely the very worst I have ever seen you two behave in a long time. You are in BIG trouble. No shows, no fruit snacks, no friends, no playground and no pool today. You have to listen to mommy!" There was silence as we drove off base. A few minutes later I hear my lecture repeated in a small voice from the back seat, "No friends, no fruit snacks, no pool, no shows and no pool ABsolutely!" That's right babycakes. Mommy meant business.
We actually had an uneventful, pleasant rest of the afternoon with none of the above mentioned forbidden things, except for friends. Sally, Abby and Emily came to hang out with the girls while I went back to the pharmacy alone to get Brenna's medicine. Thank God for friends.
And thank God that his grace is new every morning.

1 comment:
I remember when I heard my words coming back to me from you. At least you know someone heard you. I had to laugh when I read this post. You know "this too will pass."
Post a Comment