Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fairly productive Saturday

Today I cleaned out the garage... they get so nasty so quickly, don't they? Maybe it's just ours. One more step on the road to putting our house on the market. Also cleaned rooms one by one and quickly took a picture before toys got strewn everywhere again and linens were all askew. I love that word ... askew! Also, I made plans with our handyman guy to finish up all the little repairs that are needed around here next week, so it's ON the week after Thanksgiving. Your prayers for a quick sale are appreciated! I would love to not have to worry about it.

We bought tickets today for a househunting trip to VA in mid december to try and find a place to live. Still hoping base housing will be acceptable, but I'm also perusing the real estate sites. So hard to tell from pictures whether or not a certain place could feel like home!

Also tried to teach Syd and Brenna how to pronounce "Virginia." Syd does pretty well -- "Vir-gin-ee-uh." Brenna says, "Bir-gin-ee-uh." I don't think she can say the "v" sound at all.

Dinner with Jen and Bobbie was fun. So nice to sit and talk without keeping a constant eye on the clock. And Jen and I thought we'd give New Moon a shot afterward, but it was sold out, so we got tickets for tomorrow afternoon.

So there you go... boring update, but still a post. I am thinking I will be really glad when Nov. is over. Not that I don't like posting... but you know...sometimes I just don't have much to say! I know that's hard for some of you to believe, but let's just keep that to ourselves, shall we?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't be a boring post if I was involved!!!! ;)!!! You know that if you need ANYTHING with the upcoming craziness that I am right down the street, ready to help in anyway I can!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Always glad to hear what is going on in your life. Looking forward to seeing you, Cory and the grandgirls soon. Love, Mom

burgiboogie said...

I have been mumbling Matthew 6:34 under my breath for about 3 weeks now:) I am praying that your house sells quickly. Let me know if you need anything. I can always swing by and get the girls and the dog, if you have a showing.