Syd went with short and sweet.. "Santa, GeoTrax, Sydney"

(note that she ran into the word GeoTrax on her first attempt at her name, crossed it out with pink, and started over at the bottom.)
Brenna's says, "Dear Santa, I've been a happy girl this year. Please bring me Diego for Christmas. Love, Brenna"

We mailed these letters off immediately. (And then Santa got online and shipped those presents to Minnesota, where we will be Christmas morning. He heard there were some little elves there who will hold onto the presents until the time comes!) I did think it was pretty funny that my girly girls who these days usually have a princess dress on over their other clothes, asked for what would typically be thought of as boy toys. I know they will love them, though! Mom and dad will add some sparkly, girliness to the present pile.
Merry Christmas! It's only 39 days away!
Oooh, and I also wanted to share that we are starting 2 new traditions this year. One is the Elf on a Shelf book and elf set...
http://www.elfontheshelf.com/#/home It should arrive soon. It's a book and elf set and the premise is that you hide the elf in a different place every day. The elf goes home to the North Pole each night to report about the children's behavior to Santa himself. I can't wait to see how this goes.
And as for the true meaning of Christmas, we are also going to be using a Jesse Tree. This is a book of devotions and set of ornaments that you use as you would an advent calendar, beginning Dec. 1 and ending on Dec. 25. The ladies of my Bible study each signed up to make one of the 25 ornaments and then we will exchange them so we all have a complete set. How fun! Here's a page that explains about a little more about this. I'm so excited to give this a try and to continue it in the years to come!
http://www.jesse-trees.com/devotional-book.html

5 comments:
Love the new traditions. Going to copy them of course. And SO impressed with Sydney's letter! Wow, she's learned so much!!!
I am sorry I have not commented on your Blog, you know I love it. When I got my pc Jeff made your blog my home page,so for awhile it was the only thing I looked at. Now I am on face book but get a little fed up with all the whining and games and farmville so I go days without opening it. LOVE the dancing. We will have to do some Thanksgiving Day.
Love the letters! I tried to take the boys to Wal-mart today to work on their lists and they were NOT interested. Guess they get coal! And I love the new traditions. I've heard of the Jesse Tree, but the book I had seen sounded too old for the boys to grasp. This sounds much better!
Gigi, there sure is a lot of whining and games and farmville on Facebook. That's for sure! I only participate in the whining though. Can't wait for Thanksgiving!!
Jaimee, girl if you don't call me soon, I am going to come over there and... wait! Is that your plan?
Tanya -- maybe they were rebelling against Wal-Mart cause they wanted to go to Target?
We are HUGE Geo Trax fans over here. Do you know you can watch the movies on line? Landon studies the "master map" aka the catalog daily, and knows all the characters by heart. Let's just say, that Santa will be getting quite a list:)
Post a Comment