Monday, November 16, 2009

Trading Kids

I highly recommend it. This afternoon, I took Brenna to my friend Bobbie's house and dropped her off, picking up Emma in the process. Dropped Emma and Syd off at dance class and had a whole hour at home by myself. It's pretty amazing what a mom can get done in an hour if she has no little people in the house.

I have been blessed this assignment to have many friends close enough to trade kids with. You just never know who might be picking up which kids from preschool on any given day, or who might have an extra kid or two for a dentist appointment or just for a moment's peace.

It do believe in that whole "It Takes a Village" concept. I have absolutely loved my village. Thanks, girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome....the secret is that even though I had an extra child in my house, Tyson was entertained and I got more done than if I had just Tyson at home alone!!!! The "village" concept really works out better for EVERYONE involved!!! Plus Brenna and Syd are so stinkin' cute having them around brightens my day, no matter what!