Sunday, November 01, 2009

Nablopomo

November is National Blog Posting Month. The challenge is to post something on your blog every day for a month. Can I do it? Oh, I bet I can. Bet you could too! If you decide to try it, post a link to your blog in my comments!

Let's begin with my musings about Halloween. Shall we?

We trick or treated (TOTed) off base for the first time since we moved here. For the first time since we've had children, actually. And there are a few things I'd like to get off my chest.

Ahem... #1. Everyone knows, the rule is... if your light is on, you've got candy. If it's off, you're a scrooge or you are not home. Don't leave your light on if you don't have candy. That is NOT cool.

#2... Do NOT drive your car at 3 mph, stopping every few houses as your children TOT. Get out of the car, peeps, and walk with them. I mean seriously!

#3.... Do not smoke a cigarette while handing out candy. So gross.

#4.... I should have brought water. Note to self, the next time I'm home to hand out treats, consider juice boxes or little bottles of water. All the kids were parched 20 minutes in.

#5... Candy Corn is nasty. Also those little taffy things in orange and black wrappers.

#6... Big kids who hiss or shout boo at little kids piss me off. I almost had to punch somebody last night.

#7... speaking of big kids -- no costume, no candy. That should be the rule.

#8... always TOT with friends. It is so much more fun. We had a blast with the Rivards, Schierberls, Hayeses and Machs this year.

#9... I always forget how hyped up kids are the day after TOT. My own kids were rotten and Kindergarten Sunday School was very interesting.

#10... I'm so glad Halloween comes only once a year. WTH am I supposed to do with all this candy?

See ya' tomorrow!

5 comments:

Only on Monday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Only on Monday said...

Hey Jill! I would love to read your blogs every day!!!! Me on the other hand am only blogging on mondays :) Have you checked out our new blog? onlyonmonday.blogspot.com Miss ya!

Tanya said...

I don't know if I can do it...I posted twice today. Does that count? Love your Top 10 for Halloween. I could add some, but they might not be very politically correct...Now where are the pictures of the girls in costume?

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I'm in! I have so much catch up to do, this will definately help :) So hard to read your blogs though and not just have a breakdown that we don't live by you right now (notice I said "right now" :))!

Ashley B said...

I'm going to try it, but Lord knows I'll probably forget by tomorrow ;) Happy Blogging!