Friday, November 13, 2009

Mental Health Day

Sydney awoke in a twit this morning. Everything and her mother was irritating her. I could just imagine how she'd be at school. So ... I made the executive decision to declare today -- my brother Kelly's birthday, btw -- Mental Health Day. We are celebrating by remaining in our pajamas, watching too much TV and writing letters to Santa.

In other news:
* I got a bunch of Christmas shopping done online this morning.
* Work continues on our storm shelter.
* It's another gorgeous day in the 70s and I'm waiting for the bottom to drop out of this lovely weather we've been having.
* I'm pretty sure only 3 or 4 people are reading my blog cause hardly anyone ever comments. boo hoo!
* Still no word on orders.
* I fear I need to do another 1/3 cleaning.

The mailman's here... off to see what random catalogs arrived today!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading everyday. Keep up the good work on the blog. I wish I would have thought of a "mental health day" for today.Except then I would have missed making "Stone Soup" in 3rd grade class,AKA vegetable soup. I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I totally needed a mental health day for mommies....when does that happen? Come over and share your mental health day with us this afternoon after naps!!! 3:15 my kids should be up!

burgiboogie said...

Smart mama! I informed my children of this, and would you know, they are both taking naps right now. Let me know when the next holiday is, cause, I am all for this.

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Seriously, you are the ONLY person who reads my blogs... and since I've been behind and sporadic I don't even know if you do anymore :( But I still love you!

Only on Monday said...

I read it every day! You make me laugh out loud!!!!! Have you tried posting a link to your facebook status?? Remember it's for you and your family's memories that you are nice enough to share with the world!!!

Jill said...

See? The same 5 people commented... okay, and I did get one very sweet e-mail. I'm just preaching to the choir here. Hee hee.

Jaimee, of course I'm still reading. Now go post some more!

Theresa Walker said...

I've been reading too...just got a little behind yesterday because I was out shopping. Glad I'm not the only one who needs a mental health day from time to time!!!

The Ellery Family said...

lol well at least some people comment of your's. Nobody really comments on ours...hints why it doesn't really get updated too often anymore =)

Anonymous said...

Obviously you have on your hands two young ladies who will eventually be stars of stage, screen, and TV. It appears you have led them onto the venue by which they can best express themselves. Be prepared to be visiting, in later life, your daughter's homes in Beverly Hills. Perhaps not as glamorous as Beverly Hills but it sounds like your Virginia assignment will work out very nicely and be a big plus for career advancement.
Congratulations! Grandma Lou & Grandpa Greg