Wednesday, November 18, 2009

NEW ORDERS!

This morning as I was frantically making phone calls about picking up children from ACA for Country Kitchen, Cory beeped in. Then he asked if I had a minute because he had a question.

"Hey, do you remember if Tanya and Keith liked living in Virginia?" That was his question.

Odd. I tried to think back to Tanya and Keith's first assignment and suddenly I realized what was going on....."whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" I asked him.

"Because we're going there. In February."

"What?!!? Seriously?" Virginia, and Langley Air Force Base were not on our radar. Not on our wishlist. Not even a passing thought. But we'll take it. A staff job, which are hard to come by, is a good move for Cory's career. So we are excited, and nervous and yes, freaking out a little. Because February doesn't seem that far off!

Anybody need a 4 bedroom house?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad to see you go, but we are SOOOOOOOOO excited that Cory was able to find something that will work out well for his career!!! No matter the distance we have built and are still building a friendship that I will always count on and hold deeply to my heart!!! We love each and every one of you Petersons (Jenna and Boomer included) and you all will be deeply missed, but just as deeply supported and loved, even if it is from a distance! However, until Feb, we will not be sad and dwell on the fact that you are leaving....we will stay focused on the time we still have left together!!! {{{HUGS}}}

Tanya said...

You know you freaked me out this morning! I don't normally speak to anyone before 8:30. :) So glad you finally got orders. Sad you are moving far. Now - Breathe with me!
Love you!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I've already begun our research :) Way to go Cory! OH, and we love you more!!!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Ha ha! I'm caught up now :) One every day from the 1st through the 19th... now lets see if I can keep it up until I get caught up with my backlog of cool pics and adventure. I'll try calling again tomorrow!!!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Ha ha! I'm caught up now :) One every day from the 1st through the 19th... now lets see if I can keep it up until I get caught up with my backlog of cool pics and adventure. I'll try calling again tomorrow!!!

Only on Monday said...

Cool! I think you might need to take a few DC sightseeing trips since it is so close! Maybe we will get to hang out after all :) Congrats to Cory...Staff world is great so far.