Monday, January 07, 2008

A conversation I have about 6 times a day

Photobucket

"Hello mama. My name is Sydney."
"Yes, I am aware of that. I'm pretty sure I agonized over that decision."
"My name is Sydney." (If I don't follow the protocol, she repeats herself.)
"Good morning, Sydney. My name is Mama. How are you today?"
"How are you today, Mama?"
"I'm good. Are you good?"
"YES, mama."

repeat. repeat. repeat. :-)

7 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I'm so glad you captured this conversation in your blog, she has been cracking me up! What great social skills :) And I LOVE this photo of her.
love,
Jaimee

Sarah said...

LOL -- I SO understand the repeat, repeat, repeat part! And I agree -- GREAT photo!!!!

Tanya said...

At least Sydney will tell you her name. Andrew will respond with, "Uh, I dunno." This is what he told the preschool director this morning when she asked and checked out his social skills. She recommended he wait another year. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I love that you have to get your part right!! Landon does this too.. He says "How are you?" and I say "fine", and then he says "fine", and then I have to say "How are you?" to which he repeats.."How are you?" Geez where do they come up with this stuff??:) Great picture, is that your new camera?

Alison

Jill said...

Tanya, what's up with that? He knows his name! I guess I'd better not take Syd to an interview, cause she's going to preschool in Sept. no matter what! Yesterday she said, "My name is mama!" and laughed, so that's probably what she'd say if inquiring minds wanted to know.

Alison - yeah, it IS from my new camera. I wish I had time to take more pics with it, but I really need both hands for it and usually I don't have that many available, kwim?

Unknown said...

Our repeated comment for the day was: "No my not need to take a nap, Mommy." =)
Grayson will be 3 in March, but I know he still needs a nap in order to make it to 7pm in a good mood!! (He does not say "I" -- he says "my" instead...)
And, here's to preschool starting this fall! Yea!! =)

Anonymous said...

Jill, I am so glad you are able to share your heart with us on the blog. You are doing a great job, "mama." I love you and I know your girls do too. Enjoy the time with them. It is going fast. Mom Story